Meet Gus a very naughty boy. Gus decided to help himself to his mums sowing needle. He was very lucky. Gus was anaesthetised and a X-ray taken to see if the needle had caused any damage to his throat. The needle was removed will no permeant damage to Gus and he was sent home with some pain relief for his very sore mouth. Gus was very lucky as the needle had not started to move, Gus would of needed surgery to revive the needle. #manchesterorthopedics #manchesterorthopedic #man
As we head into Autumn and the nights draw darker we need to be conscious of the dangers around for our pets. * Conkers - While serious cases of poisoning are rare, ingestion can cause marked gastro-intestinal signs such as drooling, retching, vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain. The conker’s case and conkers themselves can also cause intestinal blockages.
*Oaks and acorns - The toxic ingredient is thought to be tannic acid, which can cause damage to the liver and kidneys