Search

Rowan Berries Toxic to Dogs

Mitzie an adventurous puppy has got into some mischief eating berries on a walk and was treated by our Standish branch. Rowan berries, however, are dangerous because they contain a specific toxin. They can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and excessive salivation, and affected dogs can show significant signs of disease. Access to rowan berries should therefore be prevented.

Other dangerous berries that dogs may find and eat if they aren't watched closely include deadly nightshade, which can cause acute onset severe neurological symptoms. Close monitoring of all dogs to prevent access to inappropriate plants is preferable.


#tyldesleyvets #orthopaedicvets #dogfracture #toxictopets #pettoxins #rowanberries #tyldesley #leighvets #boothstownvets #worsleyvet #vetsinworsley #worsleyvet #wprsley #boothstown #localvets #affordablevets #leigh #worsley #boothstown #familyvets #tplo #cruciate #puppy #kittens #dogwalks

0 views

Address

152 Elliott St
Tyldesley, M29 8FJ
United Kingdom

Follow

  • White Facebook Icon

©2020 by Tyldesley Vets. Website by Swann Digital